One day I hope to truly feed the whole world– but until that day comes…I am happy with the small part of the world that I do get to nourish here at home.
There is nothing quiet like getting centered in the kitchen of one of the family’s that I cook for. Being in their space and home allows me the chance to absorb their energy and use it as a guide when creating food for their week.
My families have very busy lives and love their family very much; so it helps a great deal to come into their space, cook up nourishing food, pack it up in the fridge and leave it for them to feast upon together each evening. I feel fortunate to be the one who gets to share the gift of food for these people– and because of this I know they feel the love in my food.
This week’s menu:
1) Loaded veggie enchiladas with: whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, black beans, zucchini, squash, purple cabbage, mushrooms, onions, carrots, bell pepper, garlic, cilantro and spices
2) Kimchi fried rice: Brown rice, raw kimchi, ginger, garlic, green onions, cilantro, brown rice vinegar, toasted almond and sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, zucc, squash, red cabbage, carrots, bells, and fried eggs atop (per request)
3) Veggie burgers: milled bran flakes, oat flour, shredded carrots, shredded beets, almonds and sunflower seeds, garlic and onions, cilantro, latin herbs and cracked pepper
4) cubed cantaloup
5) steamed broccoli: cracked pepper, garlic herb seasonings, lemon peel, sea salt, toasted walnuts
6) Crunchy beet bites: oats, nut butter, pistachios, apricots, honey, raw shredded beets, cinnamon, orange juice and zest, shredded coconut