I had some fun coming up with the animal-inspired food for my nephews joint bday party. Safari Greg from Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary brought a gator, snakes, a porcupine and a turtle…and they all brought along their favorite healthy snack for the kids to much on during the show. Yum fun. Aren’t my boys the sweetest!?!
1) Silly Snake Skewers: A
- 1 cantaloupe
- 2 boxes organic strawberries
- 1 bag red grapes
- bamboo skewers
2) Baby Kangaroo Pops: Cubed sweet potatoes tossed in honey and cinnamon and baked on parchment paper…served with crunchy chia seeds
- 3-4 sweet organic potatoes
- chia seeds
- toothpicks–you okay with toothpicks for kids?
3) Mr. Caiman’s Turkey Roll Up’s:
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard or collards will work too…I don’s use a lot
- tooth picks
4) Tasty Turtle Trail mix: