Homemade tapas are a fraction of the price, mucho healthier, and made with your own love–so they will inevitably be more delicious, better for your wallet and better for you.
Tapas can also be a wonderful incentive to clean out your fridge or tweak last night’s leftovers (incorporate new flavors/textures/spice).
The Tapa’s spread:
- toasted sunflower seed whole grain bread–lower sodium, whole grain, good fiber at WFM bakery
- sautéed sweet & spicy mushrooms--onions, garlic, jalapeños, chili powder, water, a few drops of balsamic and rosemary
- sautéed garlic & lemon spinach–1/3 no salt veggie bouillon, water, garlic, spinach & lemon
- fresh salad with vinaigrette–onions, fresh red leaf lettuce. Dressing: 1/2 tsp evoo, 1/2 lemon, dash salt & cracked pepper
- hummus–garbanzos, dash cumin & curry powder, sriracha, tarragon, salt, cracked pepper, 1 tsp almond butter
- super spicy habanero salsa–habaneros & vinegar