My mom and dad were grilling up steaks (and portobella mushrooms) the other night and I suggested having dark greens for a side. So we made 2 dark green sides.
My mom made a delicious spring mix/spinach salad and I did a 1/2 cooked 1/2 raw kale salad.
Warm 1/2 & 1/2 kale salad:
- Caramelize onions using water
- Add and sauté on low for 3 minutes: garlic, ginger, veggie bouillon, diced spicy peppers, Julienne radishes, diced bell peppers, 1/2 chopped kale, a dash of honey, cracked pepper and a touch of sea salt.
- Remove from heat and add: the other 1/2 of kale, fresh spinach, diced apples, a dash of jalapeño vinegar, and more cracked pepper.
- Massage for 1 minute with dressing (thoroughly mix 1 tsp EVOO, 1/2 a lemon’s juice, cracked pepper and dash salt.
- Serve with fresh onions and toasted seeds…sunflower seeds are suggested!