I have been teaching the Nourishing Kids Class for Austin’s only all kids yoga studio, The Little Yoga House, for almost a year now! Yesterday was our first open house and it was a beautiful success. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the parents and educating them about what we do in our class!
After a quick family yoga session we all gathered around to socialize and snack on some tasty treats.
I decided to make an easy and delicious quinoa dish that was gluten free and full of raw veggies.
Serving size: 4-5
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (boil with veggie stock and diced cilantro stems)
- diced 1/2 small yellow onion
- shredded 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- chopped 1/2 cup squash
- chopped 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 diced avocados mixed with lemon juice
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 limes, 2 lemons
- 3 tbs taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mexican oregano (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
First, cook quinoa and set aside when finished. While quinoa is cooking, toast pumpkin seeds & prep veggies.
Then, place quinoa in a bowl and add all seasoning.
Mix thoroughly and add more honey, seasonings or citrus if necessary. Place avocado atop and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal!
Other ways to eat Fiesta Quinoa:
- Wrap up in a tortilla with black beans and salsa
- Serve over a bed of sautéed veggies and top with walnuts and cashew cream sauce (1 cup cashew, 3/4 cup water, lemon juice, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, white pepper, garlic powder, and salt)
- Stuff in a bell pepper and bake on 350 for 40 minutes.